View Employee Equity 101 on Slideshare
- How venture funding works and how employee equity is created
- How options are created and valued
- The philosophical and tactical reasons why employee equity exists
- Considerations around how to structure equity plans
- Data and resources to benchmark and value equity plans
The topic of employee equity is personally important to me because it's one that is difficult for people to talk about, isn't discussed openly, and it's hard for people to learn about. I know I've made mistakes in structuring equity in the past, and I'd like to help others from doing the same.
You can view the slides at Employee Equity 101, on Slideshare.
Resources I introduced and leveraged in the talk:
- Visualization of dilution
- Fed Wilson’s Cap Table Template
- Mark Suster Cap Table and Valuation
- Anonymous Startup Salaries
- Buffer and Open Equity Formula
- Salary Negotiation: Make More Money, Be More Valued by Patrick McKenzie
- An Introduction To Stock & Options by David Weekly and video
Questions, contact me anytime.