Note, this sheet was deprecated in v5 of the Standard Model base.
Outline sheet in the Standard Financial Model contains an overview of the sheets in the model. Most users will review this sheet to understand the overall structure, and then delete or hide the sheet once they use or share the model within their organization or externally. This sheet can be safely deleted at any time.
- Read Me: Overview of model, goals, and how to use, with contact info and disclaimers.
- How To: How to get support, learn more about how the model works, and how to contact Foresight.
- License: License for use, also at License Agreement →
- Disclaimer: Legal disclaimer. Please change for your own use, we are not lawyers and do not provide legal advice.
- Outline: Outline to the sheets in the model.
- Get Started: Model-wide assumptions. Use this sheet to add assumptions if you build in logic for your revenue model.
- Summary: Streamlined summary of financials for quick glance and understanding of key metrics and overall profit and loss. Change to fit your business. Preformatted for 1 page printing. Summary →
- Key Reports: Charts and tables highlighting key results in the model. Runway and cash, key operating expenses, and Sources and Uses of funding are prebuilt by default, add in reports and charts to fit your exact business. Key Reports →
- Breakdown: "Breaks down" the business into business segments. Can be done to create separate P&Ls for different business lines, or create P&Ls for different stages, product lines, or more. Breakdown →
- Printable: Summary of annual consolidated statements and analyses from the model, preconfigured for easy printing. Printable →
- Forecast: Growth, adoption, conversion, retention, and revenue calculations, links into Revenues section on this sheet and Hooks (for operating metrics and some revenue calculations. Revenues, Cost Budget, costs broken out into SG&A, COGS and CAPEX. CAPEX and depreciation schedule, debt financing repayment schedule, burn detail, CAC, and more. Forecast →
- Statements: Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Statement of Cashflows, shown monthly, quarterly, and annual. Statements are at a general level, feel free to expand - i.e. expand the Revenues, COGS and SG&A accounts to break out more details - to fit your business. Statements →
- Valuation: Discounted Cash Flow, EBITDA and Revenue-based multiple valuation of the company using the cash flows, plus exit waterfall showing returns to investors. Valuation →
- Fundraising: Automatic calculations of funding rounds using inputs from Get Started. Optional to use, but valuable to use for forecasting cashflows. Fundraising →
- Hooks: Formerly called Modelhooks, this sheet is required, do not delete. It is used to add on calculations, components, modules, themes, and third-party models, by creating and easy, clear way to integrate into the core of the model. Hide this sheet if you do not need to or want to use it, but do not delete. Hooks →
- Pricing: Optional sheet for modeling multiple SKUs, products, and subscriptions. Pricing →
- Pipeline: Optional sheet for using an enterprise-style sales pipeline to use as the engine for growth. This feeds into the default growth and revenues structure; for a different buildup that allows for variable contract length and contract size per row on the Pipeline, it can be modified, contact me. Pipeline →
- Changelog: Changelog of what's changed in each model version.